I don’t remember what i was searching for,,,oh wait, yes i remember, i was googling meme’s and trolls made by people on ppl who blog or about blogging. But my search landed me on this Urban Dictionary page..
Which had all the definitions of the different blogging terms. lol Urban dictionary is super funny at times!! 😛 Check them out, I just copy pasted them all here.
I think i’m a blog whore (lol) to an extent ,, with all the quotes i post 😉 😛
(PS: please anyone reading this, don’t feel offended)
Blog Addiction Disorder (BAD) – Extreme craving for blogging.
Blog Troll –
1.(n) -A pathetic and moronic person who maintains a blog with an unhealthy obsessive-compulsive drive. The content of their blogs usually includes events that no sane person would care about.
2.(n) -A depraved individual who sits in front of a computer all day and posts flames of an idiotic or pseudo-intellectual nature on public forums and private websites. Many of these people actually become emotional about what is said on the afore-said mediums and feel it is their duty to punish those who disagree with them. They too may pursue this object in an obsessive-compulsive manner.
A person (usually young) who participates in all or most of the following:
1. Spending large amounts of time posting entries on his/her blog (usually a blogspot or wordpress blog) about things no one other than them cares about.
2. Tries any way possible to get others to read his/her blog.
3. Posts comments on every blog he/she comes across in hopes that other bloggers will find and comment on his/her blog.
4. Uses their blog to advance other areas of his/her life, such as relationships, positions in work, social status, or anything else.
Blogwhores can come in different categories, the most notable of these include:
– The activist blogwhore, who will post about 20 entries a day revolving around news articles which support his/her political views and/or desperately crying for others to care about his/her favorite political cause.
– The gamer blogwhore, who posts a new entry every time he/she advances in an online game or MMORPG.
– The slutty blogwhore, whose posts are just images of her showing her assets to any willing male.
– The homeschool mom blogwhore, who truly believes others think her kids are as valuable members of society as she does and posts in the mindframe as such.
– The pop culture blogwhore, whose blog is dedicated to their favorite movies, bands, TV shows, and websites. Usually, this person tries to come across as some all-knowing pop culture guru, even though his/her blog is nothing different from Entertainment Weekly.
– The emo/scene blogwhore, whose posts are either lyrics to their favorite emo song at the moment, photoshopped photos of him/her, or rants about how mommy and daddy won’t let his/her 16-year old jailbait ass stay out past midnight.
– A person who addictively writes in his/her online journal and reads or comments in others.
blogworm – A person who lives vicariously through the blogs of others.
blog-worthy – When something happens in your day that is worth mentioning on your blog (web log).
blog whoring – Leaving a comment on a famous weblog, with a reference to one’s own, insignificant, blog to draw attention to it.
Blog Wars –
1. Blog postings that subtly and passive aggressively take a shot at someone else, based on their blog postings. Blog. Repeat.
2. A war of words. No actual combat will ever take place, aka no actual verbal confrontation in the physical world will ever happen.
Blog Vomit –
The process of writing about someone or something in your blog that contains discreet information that you will regret writing later. Blog vomit usually occurs when you are extremely irate and are too upset to fully think grammatical errors through.
Rachel’s WordPress Blog Vomit: wtf i am sooooo8 pisssed off at lisa she had the nerv to kiss brian and i am the only one wh o nos about her herpes break ouy bt u think i would tell anyone????? NO!!!1
blogurbating – The kind of ego-floating verbal masturbation performed by bloggers who post their diaries online. Before the internet, this level of emotional accessing only occurred in the bathroom with a tissue to clean the mess.
blogarrhea – A condition where a person posts rambling, long, or frequent entries in their blog.
blogalicious – (adj.)
1. The state of being in which one finds joy in updating one’s blog.
2. A blog or blog entry that one finds highly enjoyable.
bloganoia – fear of being blogged about
blog bash – to bash an article, individual, or blog via anonymous comments and/ or blogs
blogbattle – When two or more people engage in an argument online, cursing and physical violence is expressed. It is usually over political views.
Blog Dick –
(Quoted from Myspace Awards Center….)
The act of Blog Dicking or BD (I just made that part up), is essentially cutting in line when posting a comment responding to someone’s blog. Let’s say there are already 200 comments. You could post like everyone else and be comment number 201, but you’d be way down on page 5, and who’s gonna see you there?
So a blog dicker will reply to the first commenter on the first page of comments so that EVERYONE can see their comment. Usually blog dicking is self promotion on someone else’s blog. They reply to someone’s comment but it has nothing to do with the comment they responded to.
Blog dicking is not replying to someone’s comment, even if it just happens to be near the top of the first comments, if you really are responding to what they have commented about. But sometimes people make it look like they are relying to someone’s comment when really they are blog dicking by adding something like: Hey come visit my blog it’s better!
Blog Buddies – When 2 people post links to each others blogs on their own blog they become blog buddies.
blogsmack – Using a blog to broadcast something slanderous, disrespectful, scandalous or embarrassing about someone.
There are many more terms, if ur bored and interested, you can check them out here :